Monday

The Girl in the Mirror

My reflection, the girl staring back at me, is changes from one day to another; this pretty girl is who I'd like to be or who I think I am on my best days.

It's an image I found on the Internet, of course, but I chose it because the girl seemed to be about the same age as I am. Of course she's probably in her teens and in makeup; but I'm led to believe that if I moisturize enough I can look that good.

She's dressed in baby blue, a color I would never wear; I've spent my life trying to look older by wearing black. But now that I look older not because of makeup but because of, er, time, there's something striking about the soft baby pastel and the sophistication in her face.

What she's wearing is deliberately androgynous, with the pert cap at an angle, like Eponine in Les Miserables. I might as well put forward that I'm understood to be like both genders, sometimes at the same time; I never came out with it but didn't attempt to hide it either.

If anyone stumbles across this weblog and thinks they recognize someone, that might have been me walking down the street with the same sparkle in my eyes. Our it might just have been my reflection.

No comments: